Call Us Now

305-704-7347 (Local Number)


Law Office of David B. Mitchell, P.A. Nav

Matrimonial and Family Law Representation
for South Florida Residents

More Than 34 Years Of Experience

August 2015 Archives

Prenuptial agreements can help protect assets

Though it seems to rob the union of marriage and holy matrimony of its romantic and loving blissful charm, having a prenuptial agreement in place can mean the difference between a couple who are stuck in divorce court for years and haggling over every little thing, and having a relatively quick and straightforward divorce that protects the assets of everyone involved. With so many marriages ending in divorce, many find it is prudent in this day and age to be ahead of the curve so to speak and be proactive, rather than reactive.

Experienced child custody and time-sharing legal representation

It is very common for divorced and separated parents with minor children to have legal questions regarding child custody orders, time-sharing arrangements, modification of such arrangements and other questions surrounding custody. Staff at the Law office of David B. Mitchell understands how frustrating, emotional and difficult disputes between parties regarding child custody and time-sharing arrangements can be.

Can I change or modify a Florida child support order?

Yes, a parent ordered by court to pay child support can file a petition for modification of child support. It is not uncommon for child support disputes to arise, particularly if the parent ordered to pay has a substantial change in their earning capacity due to a loss of a job or some other circumstance. Typical reasons to file for modification include an increase or decrease in income, a change in the child's needs or the child becoming disabled. Either party can file a petition for modification of child support.

Record of Success

  • AV | AV Preeminent | Martindale- Hubbell lawyer Ratings
  • Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
  • Dade County Bar Association 1920
  • Legal Leaders South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.