Call Us Now

305-704-7347 (Local Number)


Law Office of David B. Mitchell, P.A. Nav

Matrimonial and Family Law Representation
for South Florida Residents

More Than 34 Years Of Experience

October 2015 Archives

Even If You Agree On All The Issues, Hire A Lawyer

Under Florida law, divorcing parties without assets or children may file what the Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office ratherly lightly refers to as a simplified divorce, without legal representation by an attorney. But too often, even the simplest of divorces can result in major problems. What you save by trying to avoid legal fees in the beginning can cost you significantly more in the end.

What factors does a court look at in awarding alimony?

Miami residents often depend heavily on their loved ones for emotional and financial support. This is particularly true for spouses, whose personal and professional lives are heavily influenced by the other spouse. The loss of support can be difficult when a divorce occurs between the spouses.

How to talk to young children about divorce and child custody

Child custody issues can be challenging and emotional for any family going through a divorce. The divorce process can affect all members of the family, including small children. It is best to provide clear details to small children when discussing the divorce process and child custody changes that affect them. It can be helpful, for instance, to explain to small children that they will live at both parents' houses and will have their personal items at both houses.

What are methods of child support enforcement in Florida?

Child support orders are legal orders that establish a parent's obligation to pay child support. A child support order contains the amount of child support that is owed, how frequently child support is owed, as well as additional terms. Child support orders are important for both paying parents and child support recipient parents.

Child custody: what is international parental kidnapping?

International parental kidnapping is a crime that can occur when parents in Florida are involved in a child custody dispute and the emotions of one of the parents clouds their judgment. It is defined in federal statute as the act of a parent that absconds with a child from the United States against the other parent's custodial rights. It is also defined as keeping a child in a different country than the U.S. against the custodial rights of the child's other parent.

Record of Success

  • AV | AV Preeminent | Martindale- Hubbell lawyer Ratings
  • Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
  • Dade County Bar Association 1920
  • Legal Leaders South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.