Call Us Now

305-704-7347 (Local Number)


Law Office of David B. Mitchell, P.A. Nav

Matrimonial and Family Law Representation
for South Florida Residents

More Than 34 Years Of Experience

Recover late child support payments to cover everyday expenses

Most parents would agree that raising children is a joy and a privilege. However, it is also a huge financial responsibility. When you are a single parent with physical custody, it is common to be awarded child support by a Florida family court. These payments come from the child's other parent who has been assigned a portion of the child's financial responsibility.

If this financial responsibility has not been met as of late, you are entitled to receive the child support that was court-ordered to you. You may wonder how to go about recouping for everyday expenses that come up when raising your child. You can seek court action for late child support payments even though sometimes, requesting the payments from your child's spouse yourself is the obvious first choice of action.

However, sometimes the easiest course of action is not always the most fruitful. Further action may need to be taken on your behalf. At the Law Office of David B. Mitchell, we know how frustrating it can be to seek the child support payments your child is entitled to. There are a few ways to acquire the payments your child is owed. Depending on personal situations, certain paths may be more helpful than others.

Court-ordered child support is meant to help with the everyday expenses that are required to raise a child. Parents' circumstances do sometimes change, however, which can necessitate a parent filing for a modification of the existing child support order. In addition, if the child support payer fails to meet their obligations, the recipient parent can pursue legal redress.

Our law firm's website has more information about a variety of family law topics, including child support.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Record of Success

  • AV | AV Preeminent | Martindale- Hubbell lawyer Ratings
  • Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
  • Dade County Bar Association 1920
  • Legal Leaders South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.